Everybody is looking for a feature-packed phone these days. Amongst that, water resistance is a feature that is a luxury since not all smartphones can claim that. Here is a list of certified water-resistant & dust-resistant smartphones with an IP68 rating for whom it is a priority.
|Mobile Phone/Features||Xiaomi Redmi 8A||Huawei Mate20 Pro||LG G8x Thinq||Huawei P30 Pro||Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus|
|Display||IPS LCD||HDR OLED||OLED||OLED||AMOLED|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 439||HiSilicon Kirin 980||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855||HiSilicon Kirin 980||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855|
|OS||Android 9.0, MIUI 11||Android 9.0||Android 9.0||Android 9.0||Android 9.0|
|Camera (Rear)||12MP||40MP, 20MP, 8MP||13MP, 12MP||40MP, 20MP, 8MP||16MP, 12MP, 12MP|
|Camera (Selfie)||8MP||24MP||32MP||32MP||10MP, 8MP|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW|
Xiaomi Redmi series churns out affordable smartphones for the Indian market, but it doesn’t fall short on important features even with an economical price tag. The Redmi 8A boasts a 5000mAh battery which is not common even in the elite smartphones category. Thus, an IP68 dust & water resistance rating makes it an even bigger selling point.
- Its battery life is excellent & therefore it can run for more than a day.
- The phone is priced very reasonably for the number of features it includes.
- Also, the full HD display doesn’t disappoint in this price range.
- The look & design aspect of the phone is not neglected. Its looks are impressive for this price segment.
- It even has the face unlock feature, which is hard to find in this segment.
- A lot of bloatware comes preinstalled on the mobile phone. Thus plaguing it with spam notifications.
- It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, hence making it a major drawback.
- The water-resistant smartphone has a single 12MP lens at the back & image quality is just average.
4. Huawei Mate20 Pro
Incorporating innovative features & new technologies is why this phone made it to this list. From gaming features to splendid camera performance & the latest chipset, the phone hardly misses out on anything.
- The phone comes with a 40W charger. Consequently, it charges up the phone to 100% in an hour.
- Huawei Share has new features such as sharing files with a PC, print documents & a few others.
- Its under-display fingerprint scanner is fast & accurate.
- Overall, the phone performs splendidly without any lags.
- It has a new clock boosting-technology which provides optimal gaming performance.
- Camera performance is amongst the best in the android phone segment.
- The design of the phone is unoriginal & has been around for a while now.
- The speakers are not the best around in the market. Also, one of them is placed in the USB port which further degrades the audio output when the cable is plugged in.
Its dual-screen functionality sets it apart from any other phone in the market. The phone is sleek looking & loaded with features. It does have a few flaws like the missing face recognition, but save that, it is a phone that people would want to buy.
- The dual-screen would appeal to the masses & adds to the functionality.
- Apart from the IP68 rating, it even has a MIL-STD-810G rating for low-pressure resistance, high/low-temperature resistance, solar radiation, temperature shock, humidity & a few more.
- The camera setup is refreshing without a bump sitting behind the gorilla glass, hence it is protected as well.
- Its a treat for gamers, since one screen can be converted into a gamepad & is Bluetooth compatible.
- The biggest drawback is the missing Face ID technology. Thus it might discourage some buyers.
- Also, it doesn’t have a telephoto lens.
Huawei never falls short on innovation & neither does it compromise in any aspect. From the latest chipset for a seamless performance to a particularly great camera(one of the best around) performance, it has it all. Due to which it stands proudly in the league of other elite smartphones. Kirin 980 combined with 8GB RAM works wonders. It boasts a new SuperCool cooling system that uses graphene film, graphite, and improved heat pipes to dissipate heat, thus preventing this android mobile phone from overheating while long gaming sessions. The IP68 rating for water & dust resistance is just a cherry on the top.
- Firstly, the 4200mAh battery will run for long hours. And when low on battery, the 45W charger will top up the phone in minutes.
- Most noteworthy, it has a Performance Mode in its battery setting. It offers a speed boost in the gaming phone, but for a short period of time.
- Likewise, the chipset is as powerful as advertised. It gives a sustained & fluid performance even when playing high graphics games, henceforth making it a good choice.
- An added bonus is the camera app which has loads of modes & features, thus camera performance is excellent
- Furthermore, it has a better & improved Master AI in the camera app, which recognizes and tunes settings for up to 1500 different scenes.
- The smartphone gets warm after prolonged use.
- It does not have stereo speakers. The audio quality is only above average, thus making it a disadvantage when other smartphones have better audio quality.
Samsung is not behind when we talk about feature-packed smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy S10+ comes with a 12GB RAM, (yes that’s true) and up to 1TB expandable storage. Hence it’s safe to say you will not run out of space while using this water-resistant smartphone. It has the latest Snapdragon 855 and runs with ease. And when you are running out of juice, not that it will happen in a day, you can top it up quickly with the 15W charger. The IP68 water & dust resistance rating makes it into a complete all-rounder.
- When a lot of companies are losing the 3.5mm headphone jack, thankfully Samsung retains it & comes with a pair of earphones.
- With the extendable 1TB storage in this water-resistant smartphone, it leaves you unbothered about storage space.
- Its display is truly gorgeous, hence promising a dazzling performance.
- Sound on this android mobile is glorious. The clarity is pristine even at its maximum volume. Henceforth making it a big advantage.
- It even has a game launcher app to group all the games in one place, hence making it easily accessible.
- Under sustained load, the phone does heat up & even throttles a bit. Which is not ideal.
- Not that the camera doesn’t perform well, but there is room for improvement. Especially low light photography.
- Finally, the fingerprint scanner on this water-resistant smartphone is not great. It’s an area that needs work.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A does have a lot going for it, but the decision for opting out of a fingerprint scanner is questionable. But hey, for the price it’s definitely not a deal-breaker.
Huawei Mate20 Pro decided not to have a face ID, but the quick fingerprint scanner more than makes up for it.
LG G8x Thinq stands unique in the market, it’s dual-screen adds a lot of functionality to it. Hence, it makes it very popular with the corporate crowd.
Huawei P30 Pro gives very little to complain about. If your budget allows, you don’t have to think twice before buying this phone.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is undoubtedly at the top of the list when talking about a phone that has it all. If you have