Gone are the days when you had to spend a lot on the phones to get all the latest features. Not only are a lot of options available, but with such a tough competition, phone companies try to put as many features as possible to attract customers. Here is a well-researched list of top five android phones under 20000 presently available in the android phone market.
Quick Comparisons – Phones under 20000
|Phone/Feature||Realme X||Samsung Galaxy M30s||Redmi Note 8Pro||Vivo Z1X||Samsung Galaxy M40|
|Display||AMOLED||AMOLED||IPS LCD||AMOLED||PLS TFT|
|Processor||Snapdragon 710||Exynos 9611||Mediatek Helio G90T||Snapdragon 712||Snapdragon 675|
|Camera (Rear)||48MP, 5MP||48MP, 8MP, 5MP||64MP, 8MP, 2MP, 2MP||48MP, 8MP, 2MP||32MP, 8MP, 5MP|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW|
The 6.5″ dual-sim Realme X phone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor, OS Android v9.0. With a 91.2% screen to body ratio, it has a corning Gorilla glass v5 – AMOLED display. It comes in 2 variants i.e. 128 GB ,4GB RAM 128 GB, 8GB RAM, packing a 3765 mAh battery. The pop-up dual camera setup has 48MP + 5MP lenses, with a 16MP front camera. The phone features an in-display fingerprint sensor and supports face recognition.
- The design is refreshing & at 190g it’s not bulky either.
- The pop-up camera feature has been appreciated by the users & also works glitch-free.
- The in-display sensor works flawlessly.
- It has gaming modes like hyper-boost 2.0 & game boost which ensure performance optimization. Along with that, it has a game space & game assist feature which allows you to store & manage notifications while your gaming sessions.
- The network reception is above average.
- The phone is packed with gaming features, but the battery drains quickly compared to other phones in this segment.
- The picture quality is quite poor in indoor lighting conditions, even with a 48MP camera.
- Running on Color OS version 6.0, the software is a cross between iOS & android which is not particularly user-friendly
At 6.4”, this dual-sim phone has a super AMOLED display. It runs on Samsung EXYNOS 9611 with OS Android 9.0 Pie. The phone comes in two variants i.e. 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, with expandable memory up to 1TB. It has an impressive 6000mAh battery with a 15W fast charger. It has a triple camera setup at the back(48MP, 8MP, 5MP), 16MP selfie camera, a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and supports face recognition.
- Needless to say, with a 6000mAh battery it has an excellent battery backup.
- The Super AMOLED display is sharp and crisp with an always-on mode.
- The EXYNOS chipset is indeed powerful & delivers lag-free performance.
- The rear-mounted fingerprint scanner is slow and unresponsive at times.
- The overall camera performance is pretty average & is almost close to bad in low light settings.
- Unfortunately, it takes almost three hours to charge it completely.
Set at 6.53”, running on MediaTek helio G90T Octa-core SOC processor with a full-HD IPS LCD display, corning gorilla glass 5, 4500mAh battery & Android 9.0, the dual-sim Redmi Note 8 Pro comes in 4 variants. It features a quad camera setup(64MP, 8MP, 2MP, 2MP) & 20 MP selfie camera. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and supports face recognition.
- The new chipset i.e. MediaTek helio G90T is supremely efficient and guarantees a seamless day to day performance.
- The battery backup is outstanding and can last up to 20hrs.
- It delivers a lag-free gaming experience, even when playing heavy graphic games.
- The video recording quality is mediocre and the ultra-wide shots are below par.
- The quad-camera setup at the back is sticking out a little and thus the phone wobbles when lying flat on the back.
4. Vivo Z1 X
It has an always-on Display
The 6.3” Super AMOLED always-on display combined with an Octacore Qualcomm snapdragon 712 runs on 4500 mAh battery on Android 9.0 Pie. It comes in 2 variants i.e. 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM. It comes with a triple camera setup(48MP, 8MP, 5MP) & a 32MP selfie camera. The phone features an under-display fingerprint sensor & supports face unlock. It comes with all the basic features i.e. Wi-Fi, Blue-tooth, FM Radio, GPS, Compass.
- The powerful processor works seamlessly. Its both, very quick & responsive.
- With features like ultra gaming mode, it delivers an enhanced gaming experience.
- The camera works wonders, even at night due to the night mode. The image quality is sharp & detailed.
- With a 22W charger, the phone charging speed is super quick.
- It comes with a special google assist button on the side, which can also be customized.
- The fun touch OS is cluttered, with too many options on a single screen & is a bit of an annoyance.
- The plastic back is prone to get smudged easily.
The hybrid dual-sim phone has 6.2” PLS TFT LCD with corning gorilla glass V3 display comes in quite handy at 168g. Running on a Qualcomm snapdragon 675 with Android v9.0(Pie). Powered by a 3500mAh battery it comes in three variants i.e. 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM. The phone has a triple camera(32MP, 8MP, 5MP) setup at the back, a 16MP selfie camera as well as a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and supports face recognition.
- The phone is slim & compact. It’s super-light compared to other phones in this segment at 168g.
- The battery life is good, which will get you through the day.
- The custom UI based on Android 9.0 Pie is comfortable in use and even focuses on one hand use.
- The phones get heated easily when playing heavy-duty games.
- It does not come with an audio jack, which is highly disappointing.
- The fingerprint scanner, as well as face recognition, are rather slow.
- Surprisingly, even with the triple camera setup, the camera performance is underwhelming.
Realme X boasts specs that are hard to compete within this segment. The only drawback is the missing memory card slot, apart from that, the phone is almost perfect.
Samsung Galaxy M30s has a good camera, battery backup & beautiful design that works for it. It’s easily one of the best amongst Samsungs low price segment phone(s).
Redmi Note 8Pro features a 64Mp camera, that none of the phones in this segment have & it performs great. This alone makes a great selling point. Also, the phone doesn’t lag behind in any other aspect either, hence an easy recommendation.
Vivo Z1x keeping in sync with the market trend, loses the punch hole camera design, thus working in its favor. Overall the phone nothing short of good. Great battery, good performance, good camera. Therefore, it will definitely find a place for itself.
Samsung Galaxy M40 performs without any complain & has decent battery life. But apart from that, it doesn’t top the phone(s) in this price segment.