With camera phone(s) having space as much as 1TB, hence exceeding the storage space even on laptops. Camera setups with infinite features & lenses, it is definitely the most integral part of our lives. Here is the list of top 5 camera phones 2020 available in India with camera setups which will take photography as a hobby to a different level.
Quick Comparisons – Camera Phones 2020
|Phone / Features||Huawei P30 Pro||Samsung Galaxy Note 10+||OnePlus 7T Pro||Oppo Reno 10X Zoom||Realme X2 Pro|
|Processor||HiSilicon Kirin 980||Exynos 9825||Snapdragon 855+||Snapdragon 855||Snapdragon 855+|
|OS||Android 9.0||Android 9.0||Android 10.0; OxygenOS 10.0.4||Android 9.0||Android 9.0|
|Camera(Rear)||40MP, 20MP, 8MP||12MP, 12MP, 16MP||48MP, 16MP, 8MP||48MP, 13MP, 8MP||64MP, 13MP, 8MP, 2MP|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW|
The rear quad camera setup is a steal at this price. Realme X2 pro has introduced the 64MP lens, a first from any of the phone companies & it does not disappoint. It produces excellent images in good lighting conditions with a great number of details, accurate colors & good dynamic range. Also, HDR is capable of recovering a good amount of details from the shadows, hence producing good images at night time as well.
Talking about the 8MP Ultra-wide mode it certainly fits a lot in its frame, but the pictures taken are unimpressive. The images do have a good amount of detail but it also has grains around the edges, especially in night time photography. Then there is the 13MP telephoto lens with 2X optical zoom which is quite satisfactory. The images taken are sharp with a good amount of contrast.
There is also a 2MP depth sensor, but it seems to be there just so the phone would have a selling point with the quad-camera setup.
RealMe X2 Pro – Pros
- The ultra-wide lens has a lightning-fast auto-focus.
- Even the64MP has autofocus which is hard to find in other phones.
- Even the night time photography with the main 64MP sensor is admirable. Thus it’s safe to say it’s amongst the best.
- The Chroma boost adds more saturation & contrast to the images. Hence the pictures are bright with good colors.
RealMe X2 Pro – Cons
- Camera setup lacks OIS, & thus the low light photography produces images that have fewer details.
- Images taken from ultra-wide mode have grains around its edges.
- Pictures that are taken in the nightscape mode look a bit oversharpened.
Firstly, this camera phone’s asymmetrical pop-up selfie camera design is stunning, with a 16-MP selfie camera. The selfie lens works well in good lighting conditions, but it’s a hit & miss in low light settings. Many would think that the camera offers a 10X zoom as the name suggests. But, truthfully the 6x zoom photos reported a focal length of 160mm. And that’s 10x over the 16mm ultra-wide-angle snapper.
That being said, the 8MP periscope lens with the automatic distortion correction does churn out pictures that are color accurate with a good amount of details in the daylight. Also, it has a digital zoom up to 60X, thus outdoing even Huawei. But the images are distorted.
The main 48MP sensor delivers images that a sharp & detailed with a high dynamic range. Even the low light images are pretty impressive & are noise-free, all thanks to the OIS. The Second camera is the 13MP telephoto sensor, which offers the 5X optical zoom.
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom – Pros
- Oppo camera offers AI Scene recognition which works well.
- This camera phone has the best telephoto lens. Its 130mm with f/3.0 & the sensor has 13MP.
- It combines laser AF, Contrast AF, and Phase detection AF for fast focus locking.
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom – Cons
- The scene optimizer has a limited color range.
- Camera apps UI is such that it makes it rather difficult to reach the 5X optical zoom. It is preset to switch between 1X, 2X, 6X the 10X.
- The phone misleads the customer with the 10X name when it actually has a 5X optical zoom.
- Selfies taken look a bit washed out & there isn’t a very good subject separation in dim light conditions
- It can’t use the ultra-wide or the telephoto snappers for capturing videos.
Similar to other camera phones in this category, it has a 48MP primary lens. Image quality is exemplary with a good amount of resolved details, right sharpness, beautiful contrast & very good dynamic range.
Talking about the Sixteen Mega Pixel ultrawide lens, the Auto HDR improves the dynamic range & automatic distortion correction is applied to the images. Hence the resulting images capture quite a lot in the frame with low noise & good details. But the macro shots taken with the lens are rather unimpressive. Then the 8MP zoom lens is excellent too. It captures an impressive amount of details & the resulting images are excellent & true to color. Although sometimes the images bleed along the edges & the color are boosted.
Talking about the selfie camera, it does a good job under good lighting conditions. But the selfies have a reddish hue when shot against bright light which looks a bit odd. The low light camera performance is not the greatest but still not bad. The camera takes a while to lock focus under low light conditions & sometimes the focus is too soft. That being said the images still have good detail & accurate colors.
OnePlus 7T Pro – Pros
- The camera app has AI. It can give suggestions when you can use different modes depending upon the scene.
- The nightscape mode works very well. It even captures details that are not visible to the eyes, hence resulting in bright pictures with improved details.
- The camera app is easy to handle & well laid out. It doesn’t overwhelm you even with so many features to choose from.
- You can now use the telephoto lens as well to capture portraits.
OnePlus 7T Pro – Cons
- In scenes with predominant skies, the 8MP zoom lens over-saturates the blue hues.
- Close-up macro shots are not great & the details are quite poor.
- The ultra-wide night photos are poor & hardly capture any detail.
- Autofocus is inconsistent & takes a lot of time to lock focus.
You can now operate the camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ camera phone through Air Gestures with the S Pen. It can switch modes, zoom in & out, & of course take pictures.
The camera phone features a triple rear camera setup & a Selfie camera. The 12MP primary camera is excellent. It locks focus almost instantly & the scene optimizer does a good job of detecting what is being shot. Resulting images have the right amount of exposure, clarity & details in the daytime.
Similarly, the 16 mega pixel wide-angle works quite well & it automatically corrects the natural barrel distortion. It can definitely fit a lot in the frame. The third rear 12MP telephoto camera is yet again impressive. It lets you get super close to the subject & even the resulting images are beautifully detailed with good colors & contrast.
Talking about the 10MP selfie camera, it has quite a few features and churns out pretty good portraits & does a good job of separating the subject from the background. Also, the night mode performance was good. The images had the right amount of details & the grains were not visible when zooming in on the image.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ – Pros
- It has a scene optimizer that uses AI to detect what you are aiming at.
- The camera app comes with numerous shooting modes such as live photo, slow-mo, super slow, panorama, live focus, hyper-lapse, food, etc. It even has AR Emojis.
- While taking selfies, you can set the level & type of blur.
- Another unique feature is that this camera phone can detect whether the phone is handheld or on a tripod. Accordingly, it adjusts the shutter speed.
- Even with multiple features, the UI is quite easy to use on the camera app.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ – Cons
- The Scene optimizer in somewhat inconsistent. It doesn’t always capture accurate colors when taking macro shots & boots the reds.
- Although the photos have a good amount of details & low noise even in zoomed shots during night time, the images are over-sharpened a lot of times.
- Selfies taken in low light have fewer details
Must Read: The Best Phones for Shooting Youtube Videos
Firstly, the 40MP primary camera with a super spectrum sensor & RYYB filter takes low light photography to a different level. The images from this camera phone, when detecting no source of light, take a long exposure shot which brings out bright & visible photos. Secondly, the 8MP telephoto camera with periscope zoom has its own OIS, which helps stabilize the frame. It has 5X lossless zoom & goes up to 50X digital zoom. Hence, even at 50X zoom, the images are clear, which says a lot about the camera phone.
Next, the 20MP ultra-wide camera lens is ideal for capturing wide-angle & landscapes. The camera detects & eliminates distortion on edges. When using macro shots (close up), you can get really close to the object & the images that come out are amazingly detailed & clear. Lastly, the camera phone has a Tof 32MP selfie camera that delivers crisp & clear selfies.
Huawei P30 Pro – Pros
- The night mode on this camera phone is hands down the best.
- This camera phone offers a range of shooting modes like slow-mo, light painting, timelapse, monochrome, moving pictures & a few more.
Huawei P30 Pro – Cons
- The optical zoom doesn’t work at night.
- The telephoto lens does not produce good images at night.
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom offers a stunning pop-up selfie camera setup & it definitely makes a statement. Apart from the 10X conundrum, the overall camera performance is good.
Realme X2 Pro boasts the new 64MP lens & delivers a reliable performance too. Thus at this price, it’s a great bargain & worth considering.
OnePlus 7T Pro has been consistent with its performance & keeps on improving upon it. Thus, its camera is one of the best on the android phone market & it comes loaded with numerous camera features.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ has undoubtedly taken camera phone photography to a different level. And with the use of its S Pen in photography it becomes an added bonus. Hence it a camera phone one would definitely want to buy.
Huawei P30 Pro manages to churn out a great number of details in a picture even without a source of light. Need I say more. Therefore if a great camera is your number 1 priority, look no further.