Since the launch of Bixby, Samsung has been criticised for forcing users to use Samsung Bixby instead of Google Assistant. I have read a lot of comments of users on Twitter and Reddit that they don’t like that button on their phone as they are prone to clicking that accidentally.
But there’s a way to completely disable Bixby button without rooting your Galaxy phone.
How to completely disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or S9 or any Bixby device
- Install QuickShortcutMaker app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app and choose activities.
- Search for Bixby.
- Find and select “Bixby Voice” activity.
- Choose the option which says “Bixby Voice Settings”.
- Tap on Try will open the hidden bixby settings.
- Under the “General Options”, select “Bixby Key” and choose “Don’t Open Anything”.
Now, the above method will completely disable bixby. In case you want to remap the button to fire a specific app, there’s always a way out.
Read more: How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos variant)
Alternate app (bxActions) to disable Bixby on Samsung phones.
How to Remap Bixby Button (Video Tutorial)
So now you know how you can completely kill that annoying Bixby button or remap it to fire the flashlight. Tell us in the comments section below, which method worked out best for you?