Buying a Rs. 50000 mobile handset/phone needs a lot of deliberation and comparison. After all, it’s not a small amount to spend on a mobile handset. The market is bombarded with NUMEROUS options, thus making it almost impossible to come to a conclusion, that is without any research. And so, before making any hasty decisions & regretting it later, here is a list of “Top android handset/mobile phones under Rs.50000” to consider before purchasing. Because to be honest, who has the time to spend hours on the internet for research?
|OnePlus 7T Pro||Samsung Galaxy S10E||LG V40 ThinQ||Oppo Reno 10x Zoom||Asus ROG2|
|4085 mAh||3100mAh||3300 mAh||4065 mAh||6000 mAh|
|Snapdragon 855+||Samsung Exynos 9820||Snapdragon 845||Snapdragon 855||Snapdragon 855+|
|OxygenOS||Android 9.0||Android 8.1 (Oreo)||Android 9.0 (Pie)||Android 9.0 (Pie)|
|48MP+16MP+8MP||12MP + 16MP||16MP+12MP+12MP||48MP+13MP+8MP||48MP+13MP|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW||BUY NOW|
OnePlus 7T Pro is the first android Handset to launch the super smooth Oxygen OS. Needless to say, it works magic when combined with the latest Snapdragon 855+ chipset.
With the highest resolution fluid AMOLED screen at 90Hz and a notch-free design, it’s one of the finest screens in the market. The camera performance is exemplary too. All these features on the phone get support from a powerful battery. It will definitely not run out on you for more than a day. Thus making it the first choice to consider for people.
OnePlus 7T Pro – Pros
- Oxygen OS combined with the latest “Snapdragon 855+” delivers a flawless experience.
- Its fluid AMOLED screen is the best in its segment- crisp, radiant and fluid.
- One of the quickest fingerprint scanners by far in this android phone segment.
- The pop-up selfie camera mechanism is fast and smart. It retracts almost immediately when it detects a fall.
- OnePlus also features an FNATIC mode while gaming, which optimizes the phone’s performance. Thus it prevents it from heating even during long gaming sessions.
- Speakers on the phone are of exceptional quality.
- There are a few other useful features such as power key customization for google assist, Shelf app, AI suggestions in the camera app and a few more, thus making it more modern and user-friendly.
OnePlus 7T Pro – Cons
- OnePlus 7Tpro offers very little upgrades from its previous model i.e. OnePlus 7T. Therefore it will hardly attract the owners of the latter android phone model.
- The biggest disappointment comes with the missing audio jack.
- It has a “Zen Mode”- a feature similar to “do not disturb”. You cannot disable the mode once turned on, for the given time duration. Which is definitely not ideal.
- With so many customizations available in the recent android handsets/phones to make it more to your liking, OnePlus 7T Pro offers no such customizations to change the app drawer or the home screen. Accordingly making it a drawback.
- To our surprise, the phone does not support wireless charging.
- It does not have an official IP rating, hence making the customers a little skeptical.
2. Asus ROG 2
If you are a gamer, ASUS ROG is a no brainer. This Android handset comes loaded with a variety of gaming features and customization features, hence making it the best phone for hardcore gamers. It has an amazing sporty design. With such a big screen and bright display, it is a treat for gaming sessions & video playback. The phone’s performance too, will not disappoint you in the slightest.
Asus ROG 2 – Pros
- Amongst its most distinguishable features is the sporty design.
- It is an outright gaming android handset and it will not disappoint you in the least bit.
- There are numerous customization features. To name a few- the outdoor mode lets you boost the handsets’ volume. You have an option to choose what icons can be placed in the status bar. It also has an always-on display mode.
- Gaming features include air triggers, which activate vibration, which in turn causes less fatigue in your fingers.
- It has a game genie that lets you enable an overlay in games to keep an eye on the framerate, system temperature, and CPU and GPU usage in real-time.
- Through Armoury Crate, you can set a customized profile for each game.
Asus ROG 2 – Cons
- Well, the phone is outright heavy- a whopping 250g. Thus making it the heaviest android phone around.
- While gaming sessions on this phone are extremely fun, it gets heated up rather quickly.
- The fingerprint scanner is not the fastest we have seen, in fact, its a little too slow. Ergo, that’s a problem.
- Although the phone comes packed with features, you have to buy separate accessories to make use of all of them.
As the name suggests, the USP of the phone is its 10x Zoom. With the increased competition in the android phone market, Oppo has managed to come up with quite a few innovations. For instance, Oppo Reno 10x zoom has an asymmetrical pop-up front camera that is unique on its own, as such a great selling point. Apart from being the bulkiest phone at 215g, there is not much to complain about. The handset performs well & is even priced competitively.
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom – Pros
- Its asymmetrical pop-up front camera & 10x zoom are the big selling points. So it would attract a large number of customers.
- The company has managed to come up with a few exclusive features. It has a game space for uninterrupted gaming sessions.
- There are privacy and security options too. It generates an empty contact list, calendar, messages app and calls log when certain apps require access to these, consequently making it more secure.
- It also has a kid space app that lets you restrict features.
- The overall performance is splendid.
- Last but not least, it’s competitively priced. Henceforth making is a viable option amongst the crowd.
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom – Cons
- The phone is extremely bulky at 215g. Therefore making it immensely tiresome to use with one hand. Hence both your hands are occupied while using this phone.
- It does not support wireless charging.
- Annoyingly, it has a lot of bloatware. The phone comes with a lot of useless pre-installed apps, which ultimately send spam notifications.
- This android mobile phone does not have an official IP rating.
- Also, the 3.5mm audio jack is missing.
- The low light camera performance is not up to the mark.
In a trend where mobile handsets are getting bigger, thereupon making single hand usage a task, come android handset Samsung Galaxy S10E. Set at 5.8”. It’s probably the biggest virtue for single-handed use. Apart from that, the Android handset is loaded with features like wireless power-share, easy to use and customizable interface and a great camera.
Samsung Galaxy S10E – Pros
- First and foremost, this android handset is easy to operate with a single hand, ergo it attracts more buyers.
- It has features like the Bixby button which can be customized to trigger various functions. The App edge lets you add shortcuts, consequently making the UI very convenient.
- Wireless Power-share is another very useful feature. It lets you charge other devices through your android handset.
- Samsung has come up with clever wallpapers to hide the punch-hole camera in the front, therefore making it an option for people who are not a fan of the punch-hole design.
- Incorporated in panorama shot is the “Ultra-wide angle”, hence it churns out better details in the photo which none of the other android phones have.
- The sound output is surprisingly good, even at its maximum volume.
Samsung Galaxy S10E – Cons
- The fingerprint scanner is placed high on the power button, thus making it a bit troublesome to reach.
- The 3100mAh battery is not a match with other android handsets in this segment and doesn’t even last a full day, therefore making it a major drawback.
- Since the phone does not have an iris scanner, the selfie camera is used for face recognition. As a result, the process is slow & doesn’t work when wearing sunglasses.
In a market hoarded with android phones in every price segment, LG V40 ThinQ does make a place for itself-but barely. The standout feature is the two selfie cameras that do not disappoint. Selfies taken on this android phone are precise and even detects stray hair, while other camera phones just blur out such tiny details. Thankfully it has retained the 3.5mm jack with an added bonus of earphones that come with the phone.
LG V40 ThinQ – Pros
- The 2 selfie cameras do a fabulous job and catch even the tiniest details. So it’s safe to say, it takes the best selfies.
- LG V40 thinQ is water, dust & shock resistant.
- It comes with a HYBRID Slot, which allows you to either extend the storage or make it dual-sim.
- When most of the android phones in this segment choose to let go of the audio, LG V40ThinQ has retained. And it comes with a pair of earphones.
- The android phone has a unique triple shot feature in its camera. I take a shot with all the sensors and hence provide you with three perspectives to choose from.
LG V40 ThinQ – Cons
- LG V40 ThinQ has an array of cameras and photography tools. Therefore making it overwhelming to navigate through for a casual user.
- Powered by a small 3300mAh battery which by standard, is not capable enough. Hence barely lasting a full day.
- The android phone has opted for a rather dated “Bezel” display. While other phones have the trendier punch-hole or teardrop display.
- Also worth mentioning is that it runs on Android 8.1oreo, which is honestly a major drawback.
- Prolonged usage of the phone heats up the metal frame.
- The phone stutters when playing high graphics games such as PubG, unless you set it on low-resolution display.
Oneplus 7T Pro sits at the top of the list for good reasons. Loaded with features & reasonably priced it is an all-rounder in the true sense.
Asus ROG2 Phone was introduced as the new generation gaming phone for hardcore gamers. But not only does it deliver a spectacular gaming experience it has all that you need in a mobile phone
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom has come up with a twist in the pop-up selfie camera mechanism & that works really well for it. All in all, it is a good phone but missing out on a few things. But the competitive price makes it worth considering.
Samsung Galaxy S10E is relatively smaller in size, thus single hand usage becomes a major selling point. It does have all that you would need on a mobile phone, hence worth considering.
LG V40 Thinq has come up with the two selfie cameras to stand out in the market & the cameras do not disappoint. Apart from that with the small battery & outdated Android 8.1oreo will not make this android handset the first choice for people.