Welcome to the first post of Android News of the Week series. This is a new series on this blog and we shall cover all the news that rolls throughout the week.
Android Weekly News – 1
- Android turns 10 this week: On 23/9/18, Android will celebrate its 10th anniversary. The 1st version of Android was 1.0 which was never released to the public. Date of inception – 23/9/08.
- OnePlus rolled out Android 9 Pie for OnePlus 6.
- The latest update to Apple Music for Android brings Android Auto Support. Read more on 9to5mac.
- Google remotely changed the settings on the phones running Android 9. Reported by a user on Reddit. Read the reply from [official] pixel community on Reddit.
- A developer pulled down his app from Play Store because one of his apps – Flamingo for Twitter was suspended and was not reinstated. Read more on AndroidPolice.
- 250 Android devices received security updates in 90 days. Read more on XDA-Developers.
- Youtube mobile updated with more quality controls. Now users can select Streaming and Downloading Audio-Video quality. Read more on 9to5google.
- Samsung confirms Galaxy S10 – Marks the 8th year anniversary of Samsung’s first Android flagship (Galaxy S Series). Read more on Forbes.
- WhatsApp to bring swipe to reply and dark mode theme on Android.
I’m happy to exclusively give the good news: WhatsApp is finally working on a Dark Mode! It’s a dream ?
There are many important secret references in recent updates!
Be patient to see it out, hoping it will be FULL OLED friendly for Android phones, iPhone X and newer!
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) September 14, 2018
- Calling 911 in the US will automatically share your accurate location. Read more on Official Google Blog.
- Now you can disable Bixby button on Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Oneplus 6T Timeline: This week we update the timeline for Oneplus’ next flagship – 6T with all the latest news. The latest one among them was OnePlus’s latest commercial during INDvBAN match. The ad shows Mr. Amitabh Bachchan holding the 6T in a way which hides the third camera. Maybe that’s a fingerprint sensor.
- Google Pixel 3 Timeline: The Google Pixel 3 is expected to launch with two variants – one with the notch and one without the notch. Also, the four colors teased by Google in its Japan’s website. Three of them were revealed while the fourth one was hiding in the source code of the page.
That’s all for the first week of this series. See you next week!